SECURITM помогает построить и управлять ИСПДн, КИИ, ГИС, СМИБ/СУИБ, банковскими системами защиты.
А еще SECURITM это место для обмена опытом в рамках сообщества служб безопасности.
Valid Accounts: Облачные учетные записи
Other sub-techniques of Valid Accounts (4)
Adversaries may obtain and abuse credentials of a cloud account as a means of gaining Initial Access, Persistence, Privilege Escalation, or Defense Evasion. Cloud accounts are those created and configured by an organization for use by users, remote support, services, or for administration of resources within a cloud service provider or SaaS application. In some cases, cloud accounts may be federated with traditional identity management system, such as Window Active Directory.(Citation: AWS Identity Federation)(Citation: Google Federating GC)(Citation: Microsoft Deploying AD Federation) Compromised credentials for cloud accounts can be used to harvest sensitive data from online storage accounts and databases. Access to cloud accounts can also be abused to gain Initial Access to a network by abusing a Trusted Relationship. Similar to Domain Accounts, compromise of federated cloud accounts may allow adversaries to more easily move laterally within an environment. Once a cloud account is compromised, an adversary may perform Account Manipulation - for example, by adding Additional Cloud Roles - to maintain persistence and potentially escalate their privileges.
APT29 has used a compromised O365 administrator account to create a new Service Principal.(Citation: CrowdStrike StellarParticle January 2022)
ROADTools leverages valid cloud credentials to perform enumeration operations using the internal Azure AD Graph API.(Citation: Roadtools)
APT28 has used compromised Office 365 service accounts with Global Administrator privileges to collect email from user inboxes.(Citation: Cybersecurity Advisory GRU Brute Force Campaign July 2021)
Peirates can use stolen service account tokens to perform its operations.(Citation: Peirates GitHub)
APT33 has used compromised Office 365 accounts in tandem with Ruler in an attempt to gain control of endpoints.(Citation: Microsoft Holmium June 2020)
LAPSUS$ has used compromised credentials to access cloud assets within a target organization.(Citation: MSTIC DEV-0537 Mar 2022)
Ke3chang has used compromised credentials to sign into victims’ Microsoft 365 accounts.(Citation: Microsoft NICKEL December 2021)
Set and enforce secure password policies for accounts.
|Privileged Account Management||
Manage the creation, modification, use, and permissions associated to privileged accounts, including SYSTEM and root.
Use two or more pieces of evidence to authenticate to a system; such as username and password in addition to a token from a physical smart card or token generator.
Train users to be aware of access or manipulation attempts by an adversary to reduce the risk of successful spearphishing, social engineering, and other techniques that involve user interaction.
|User Account Management||
Manage the creation, modification, use, and permissions associated to user accounts.
Monitor the activity of cloud accounts to detect abnormal or malicious behavior, such as accessing information outside of the normal function of the account or account usage at atypical hours.
- Microsoft. (n.d.). Deploying Active Directory Federation Services in Azure. Retrieved March 13, 2020.
- Google. (n.d.). Federating Google Cloud with Active Directory. Retrieved March 13, 2020.
- Amazon. (n.d.). Identity Federation in AWS. Retrieved March 13, 2020.
- CrowdStrike. (2022, January 27). Early Bird Catches the Wormhole: Observations from the StellarParticle Campaign. Retrieved February 7, 2022.
- Moncur, Rob. (2020, July 5). New Information in the AWS IAM Console Helps You Follow IAM Best Practices. Retrieved August 4, 2020.
- NSA, CISA, FBI, NCSC. (2021, July). Russian GRU Conducting Global Brute Force Campaign to Compromise Enterprise and Cloud Environments. Retrieved July 26, 2021.
- Dirk-jan Mollema. (2020, April 16). Introducing ROADtools - The Azure AD exploration framework. Retrieved January 31, 2022.
- MSTIC. (2021, December 6). NICKEL targeting government organizations across Latin America and Europe. Retrieved March 18, 2022.
- InGuardians. (2022, January 5). Peirates GitHub. Retrieved February 8, 2022.
- Microsoft. (2016, April 16). Implementing Least-Privilege Administrative Models. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- Microsoft. (2016, April 15). Attractive Accounts for Credential Theft. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- MSTIC, DART, M365 Defender. (2022, March 24). DEV-0537 Criminal Actor Targeting Organizations for Data Exfiltration and Destruction. Retrieved May 17, 2022.
- Microsoft Threat Protection Intelligence Team. (2020, June 18). Inside Microsoft Threat Protection: Mapping attack chains from cloud to endpoint. Retrieved June 22, 2020.